FUNCTIONS OF DIRECTORATE OF TOURISM
The Directorate of Tourism will be responsible for the following functions:
- Formulate, implement and review tourism policy in collaboration with stakeholders
- Coordinate and liaise with international, regional and local institutions on tourism issues;
- Mobilize resources in consultation with the National Treasury and other development partners.
- Establish and enabling legal and regulatory framework for development of tourism.
- Facilitate safety and security of tourists in liaison with security agencies.
- Market and promote domestic and international tourism in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Develop and enforce tourism Codes of practice in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Develop and diversify viable tourism products and promoting community participating in tourism.
- Co-ordinate development of human resource in tourism.
- Coordinate and implement tourism programs under the Vision 2030 projects.
- Initiate negotiations and implementation of bilateral and multilateral tourism related agreements, protocols, conventions and treaties.
- Promote innovation and cost effective uptake of E-Tourism and appropriate development and transfer of technologies for tourism development.